Usually used in lieu of tampons or pads, menstrual cups are quite reliable. They ensure that you don’t have to worry about stained sheets or clothing, which is often the case when you use alternatives.
Using a menstrual cup is a no-brainer unless you have an IUD. An Intrauterine Device (IUD) is a contraceptive measure. It is placed in the uterus to avoid pregnancy. Now, the problem arises when you want to use a cup after the insertion of an IUD. The fear is that the cup’s suction may pull the IUD out, costing a lot of money and causing a lot of trouble.
Can you use a menstrual cup with an IUD?
Of course, you can! We live in times when every tricky situation has a solution. This is no exception. Brands have come up with multiple menstrual cups for IUD specifically. Your job is to find the best and buy. Make sure you also narrow it down based on the type of IUD you chose and the flow.
Also, we recommend that you wait at least 2 cycles before you start using a cup. Immediately using cups can be dangerous.
Now, without further ado, let’s talk about the most sought menstrual cups available in the market today.
Best Menstrual Cup for IUD
1. Lunette Reusable Menstrual Cup for IUD
Available in 2 models for light and heavy flow, the Lunette Reusable Menstrual Cup is safe for use with IUD. It is designed to be comfortable and does not have a string. Let’s go through some of its main benefits:
- You can wear it for more than 12 hours and even at night.
- It is reusable.
- All you have to do is to fold it and insert it like you would insert a tampon.
- You don’t have to worry about dryness or itching.
- The cup has a flat tab, making cleaning very easy.
- Be sure not to use the menstrual cup during post-natal bleeding.
2. Diva Cup Menstrual Cup for IUD – Model 2
The Diva Cup and IUD have a long-lasting relationship. The Diva Cup is among the most preferred cups because of its reliability and ease of use. Let’s take a closer look:
- It is a reusable cup that collects menstrual flow. It does not absorb.
- You can be carefree for more than 12 hours with this cup.
- It is very comfortable and suited for active lifestyles. So, you can use it during a workout, travelling, and swimming.
- Since it is reusable, you don’t have to worry about buying more cups all the time. Just buy once and forget all your troubles!
- Model 2 has been specifically designed for those who have delivered and anyone above the age of 30. If you are younger than 30 years old, we recommend that you check Model 1.
- The product is safe and eco-friendly.
3. MeLuna Classic XL Menstrual Cup with Ball Handle
Users and Amazon, both swear by this cup! One of the leading sellers on Amazon today, the Meluna Classic Menstrual Cup has been known to work wonderfully with IUD. It comes in different sizes so you can choose based on your requirements. Let’s find out more:
- It is very soft with around 40 shore flexibility.
- It is firm enough to unfold without qualms once inside the vagina.
- It has a ball stem, which many users appreciate.
- There are options with a ring handle as well, so you can choose whatever floats your boat!
4. Lena Reusable Menstrual Cup for IUD
Available in two different sizes, the Lena Menstrual Cup is quite a good option for any woman with an active lifestyle. It is very easy to use and insert, and promises a stress-free, odor-free period. Here is more information about it:
- No annoying sensations or irritation anymore! Lena Menstrual Cup takes care of all that for you.
- You can dance, swim, run, or a workout whilst using this cup and you still won’t feel a tinge of discomfort.
- The brand says that you can wear it for more than 12 hours at a stretch.
- It is very easy to remove.
- It has been designed for menstruating women of all ages.
- It does not dry out the vagina.
5. Dutchess Menstrual Cups – Set of two
If you are looking for affordable but highly reliable menstrual cups, you must take a look at Dutchess Menstrual cups. They are very popular and come in two variations: before-birth and after-birth. The features are as follows:
- You can use the cups for years! They are very safe and easy to wear.
- They are reusable, and you can clean them without stressing at all.
- You can wear the cup during workout, while travelling, and overnight. But, the manufacturers advise that you clean the cup around 3-4 times daily on an average. Since it is made out of medical-grade silicone, you can sterilise it in boiling water 5 minutes before use.
- Users say that the cup is super comfortable. This means you get everything you need without spending too much money.
In the end
No matter which menstrual cup for IUD you choose, there are safety precautions that you must exercise. Not pulling the cup out harshly is number one. Be very careful, and you won’t have any problems.
Also, if you feel any irritation or discomfort, talk to your gynaecologist immediately. If you have had a medical issue before, professional advice on whether a menstrual cup is safe is a must.
We hope this article helped you understand the different types of cups and the ones that you can use with an IUD. If you have any concerns or doubts, please feel free to Comment.