Who doesn’t love that adrenaline rush while playing your favorite sport? Roller Derby is one of those outdoor sports that women treasure all over the world, given it is so much fun. Also referred to as roller skating, this sport is quite popular and played in two teams. People who enjoy skating might be familiar with this game and aware that one needs to invest in superior quality protective gear. These protective gears include knee pads, elbow pads, and wrist pads.
Best Roller Derby Knee Pads
Opting for such protective pads helps protect the players against any injuries or accidents while playing this sport. And one should take it quite seriously because nobody loves those bruises and wounds, right? To help you find the best knee pads for roller derby, we conducted extensive research to curate this list of options for all our beautiful women who want to play this sport stress-free and are protected well. Check out our top five choices for roller derby knee pads below and choose the one that suits all your criteria:
1. Triple Eight Women’s Parka N-3B Knee pads
One of the most popular products on this list is this set by Triple Eight, a full-proof protective pad set comprising of knee saver pads, elbow pads, and wrist guards. People looking to buy a complete set for the sports that require such protective gear can opt for this option. All the protective pads have an easy on-and-off sleeveless design with elastic straps that makes them easy to wear. The wrist guards included in the kit offer maximum support due to its high-density and impact-resistant ABS splints. The 4-way stretch nylon used in its making gives a snug fit that provides complete protection and utmost comfort.
- All the knee pads and elbow pads in the set are made using high-grade, durable fabric exclusively to ensure the players’ safety.
- Both the knee pads and elbow pads come with adjustable straps to help you achieve the perfect fit.
- The EVA foam padding is used in the saver pads to provide utmost safety along with full-coverage polycarbonate caps for achieving maximum protection without restricting your movements.
- The kit is available in four different sizes for kids, youth, and adults. The sizes include Junior, Small, Medium, and Large.
- This set comes with a limited 180-day manufacturer’s warranty.
- Some buyers faced the sizing issue with this kit, so check the size references thoroughly before making the purchase.
2. STARPOW Knee Pads for Roller Derby
If you do not wish to spend more on protective pads yet want to get superior quality pads then you can opt for this alternative. Starpow offers a set of two protective knee pads, two elbow pads, and two wrist pads at a price that is too good to be true! The protective pads are made using durable material only and are also impact-resistant, which serves the purpose of safety. It is available in three variants for children, teens, and adults. One can also get the color options in the kit as it comes in Black, Blue, and Pink color.
- All the knee pads, elbow pads, and wrist pads are made using soft EVA padded material, which adds to its longevity along with plastic plates to provide complete protection.
- Players interested in sports such as BMX bike, skateboard, roller derby, and other outdoor sports can opt for this kit.
- As it comes in three different sizes, one can easily find their fit according to the measurements specified by the company.
- The knee pads are equipped with multiple elastic and adjustable straps along with velcro closures to ensure a secure fit.
- This kit comes with a one-year manufacturer’s warranty to safeguard your purchase.
- People faced sizing issues with this brand, too, so make sure to check the size chart before ordering.
3. BOSONER Protective Gear Set for Roller Skates
This option is particularly suitable for all moms trying to find the best protective gear set for their teen daughters or kids. This brand specifically manufactures the protective gears in two sizes: Small and Medium, which are ideal for all kids and teens up to 15 years of age. The set includes a pair of knee pads, elbow pads, and wrist guards. The built quality of all the protective gears is topnotch and is specially made for giving complete protection while roller skating, ice skating, and other such sports.
- The protective gears are made using lightweight PVC material and EVA foam, which protects players against injuries and limits perspiration.
- This kit is available in four colors: Back, Blue, Purple, and Pink.
- As all the protective pads feature adjustable elastic straps, the fit is entirely secure and snug.
- The pads also feature a thickening design to ensure complete protection for the players during the sport.
- One can also give this kit as a gift to the children interested in playing outdoor sports such as BMX bike, roller skating, volleyball, and more.
- Some buyers were not pleased with the fit of these pads.
4. Triple Eight Street Knee Pads
The next alternative on this list is this pair of knee pads from Triple Eight. This option can be suitable for the women who just want to buy knee pads and do not need the complete set of protective gear as it only consists of knee pads pair. This pair of knee pads are suitable for kids, youth, and adults. One can use these pads in multiple sports such as skateboarding, roller derby, biking, and other outdoor activities to stay protected. As the pads have adjustable elastic straps with a butter closure system, one can easily wear these pads and take them off with ease.
- The knee pads are made using high-density contoured EVA foam and polyethylene caps, making it impact resistant.
- The protective gears have an ergonomic design to give the players a perfect fit and comfort while playing the sport.
- The knee pads are available in four sizes: Extra Small, Small, Medium, and Large.
- It comes in two color variants: Black and Grey-White.
- The manufacturers provide a limited 180-days warranty on these knee pads.
- Some women complained about the sizing issues regarding this option.
5. Projie-L Protective Gear Set
The last option on this list for getting the best knee pads for roller derby is this set of protective gear set by Projie-L. This protective gear set includes two knee pads, two elbow pads, and two wrist guards. All the protective pads are impact resistant and durable as it is made using thickened EVA layer and durable PP shell that can protect the players against injuries in multiple sports. The high-quality materials used in the making of these gears shock-absorbent and abrasion-resistant. This set is also suitable for both boys and girls so it can be a perfect gift for someone interested in such sports.
- The protective gears have two ways to wear the pads as it has both sleeves and bandages.
- The pads are designed using breathable liner fabrics and ventilation polyester for giving a comfortable fit.
- This set is available in three sizes: Small, Medium, and Large; check the size guide for knowing your size match.
- One can get this set of protective gear for all outdoor games such as cycling, roller skating, snowboarding, and more.
- The wrist guards feature an arched wrist splint to protect the users.
- As the pads have Velcro bands, one can easily adjust the pads according to their preferences.
- There are no cons or low ratings/reviews for this product.
When it comes to selecting an ideal pair of knee pads, it is crucial to check for various parameters and details of the products. It is recommended to opt for the protective gears that are made using durable material and EVA foam with polyethylene caps. Such materials and construction gives all-around protection to the players and is impact-resistant. Make sure to check for these features in the alternative you opt for to make it an investment worth your money. As mentioned, many consumers faced sizing issues; hence, ensure to go through the sizing chart thoroughly and correctly measure yourselves to get the perfect fit knee pads.
All these options have received excellent reviews given their overall quality and built is up to the mark. But when it comes to recommending one product that we liked more, it would be definitely the first alternative by Triple Eight. The brand pays attention to the little details, and also, the pads are durable, which gives it extra brownie points. Let us know which option you chose from this list and how you find it!
Always wear protective gear while playing any outdoor games for your protection and safety.